Monday, January 19, 2009

My Walk Mondays




I am dedicating this post to my friend Carolyn Garland. She is an awesome woman of God whom I respect very much. Her blog is incredible... I really don't understand how she does it. She also has her own scrapbooking business called Scrapping Servant. You can find her at http://scrappingservant.blogspot.com/




She is really into the whole art of scrapbooking, it is really incredible. She can bust out backgrounds like nobody else. About a year ago I actually bought some materials from her at a craft show, because I decided I would try my hand at scrapbooking. I decided I would make a Prayer Scrapbook complete with pictures of my family, so I could pray for them. Bad idea. Let's just say my scrapbook was scrapped. :) Sorry Carolyn, I really did try. I just had no idea I couldn't use Elmer's glue. I guess am just not artsy enough.




Carolyn also displays a concept on her blog called My Walk Mondays. It's basically just a group of bloggers who get together and share what God is showing them every Monday. I think it is a really great idea. I even started looking around and found some really awesome blogs of some Christians out there who are really sold out for God. It was really encouraging to me.


So here I go.


Today I decided to read Psalms 19 and Proverbs 19 since today is the 19th.

I really enjoy reading the Psalms and Proverbs of the day because it's a great balance. Psalms is usually really encouraging and soothing. While Proverbs is more wisdom for the day. Today's' Psalm is beautiful. This Psalms is referring to the greatness of God and How beautiful He is. As I was reading this Psalm I felt such joy. It reminds me of the joy that comes from serving God. He really does fill us with His joy and peace. His truth gives light to our eyes. His ordinances are more precious than gold. Gold is lame compared to Him. I am just so in love with Him. I just want more of Him.

The last verse really hit me though. I love how David always openly and honestly took a look in the mirror, and brought his whole self to God. He longed for his heart to be pure before God. This reminds me of my own heart, and how I long to be pure before Him. So often my heart if so full of junk, but I am reminded to always come to Him to be made clean. Not only should I come to God with my heart today, but I also need to meditate on things which are good and pleasing before Him throughout the day. This is my goal for Monday January 19, 2009.

I particularly enjoyed the end of the Psalm:

Psalms 19:7-14


7. The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
8. The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
9. The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.
10. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.
11. By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.
12. Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults.
13. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression.
14. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Nat your post is perfect - thanks for linking me - I linked you as well via the Mr. Linky on today's My Walk Monday post.

Love you!

Angela said...

Awesome to see you joining this amazing Meme. I LOVE My Walk Monday's...
blessings dear sister,,oh by the way, I have TONS of scrapbooking items,,in a basket. I stare at them,LOL..that is as far as it gets..one day, one day!!