Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Walk Mondays. Hard Lessons.



"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God." Psalms 20:7

Lately, I have been realizing that I do not trust in God to the degree that I should. I need to put my complete trust in Him for all things. I need Him to be first in my life above anyone or anything else. This is hard for me because I tend to elevate people and put my trust in them. I can also become self sufficient and put my hope in my own efforts to accomplish a task, or handle a situation. But, I find that these things will always let me down because anyone or anything which takes God's place in my life simply won't do. I find myself helplessly on my knees back in a place of surrender waiting for Him to come rescue me again. I love that He will and does, every time.

I have also been learning another tremendously hard lesson. I know God is teaching me to wait on Him. This is incredibly huge for me because I am an impatient person to say the least. I want everything NOW. I drive fast, I hate waiting in lines, and I like fast progress. I am in a season in my life where God is teaching me to wait on Him for everything, and be entirely dependent on Him. God is not as interested in meeting my needs as He is in my relation to Him. He wants my heart and my worship, even in the little things.


Lord, please help me to trust in You and not in my own efforts, or in people around me. Help me to surrender my will over to you in worship. Teach me to be patient and to wait upon You. Help me to give up my own agenda and timetable in order to seek You. I surrender my entire heart and being over to you and I am thankful that You are on the throne.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him...this is the scripture that came to my mind when I read your post.....((hugs)) I LOVE how the Lord leads us closer to Him and releases us from baggage!!

More Than Words said...

Natalie..I can totally relate to your post!! It's so hard to wait on the Lord for EVERYTHING, but we are so blessed when we do!!!

Natalie Marie Guarascio said...

Thank you for the encouragement. I am grateful for this Meme.

Anonymous said...

Amen. I wish I could just learn to STAY in that place of surrender instead of getting up and down all the time! Sigh.

Denise said...

Such a heart felt post, be blessed.