Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Walk Mondays. Revive Us...............


2 Chronicles 7:14 is one of my favorite verses of all time because it voices my heart's desire and the vision of my life. When I first read this verse, my heart nearly collapsed within me because it voiced the desire of my very being.

I desire to be a person who lives as a vessel for God to use to spill out onto this dying world. I love Jesus so much because He is my everything. He is my hope and nothing else matters! He gives me my every breath and has saved me from this world and from myself. He loves me just because that is who He is! How could I not give my life back to Him as a gift? Why would I not want to lay all that I am before Him in sacrificial reverence in hopes that others will see Him in me?

This verse in 2 Chronicles is beautiful because it is a formula to see God move on behalf of others. It is not an easy task, it takes work, sweat and toil, but the benefits are eternal and the fruits are delicious. In order for God to use me I must be humble, I must be absent because if other people see me, I have failed. The goal of ministry is for others to see Him in me because He is the only person who can save. He is the true life-giver.

When I look around this world, I see brokenness, poverty, death and despair. I see people dying and going to hell without a Savior. I see people who have lost hope and have no direction. I see Christians without victory or joy. This verse is critical because God is looking for anyone to look up to heaven and answer His call and become His tool. His heart is for people, so that must be our heart as well. We need to be revived over and over because God's vessels leak. We need to constantly be filled with more of Him. He is alive and in the miracle business, and He is not in a recession!

Steps for Revival:

1) Humble yourself
2) Pray and seek His face
3) Turn from your wicked ways


"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14


Dear Lord,

I humble myself before you today. You are my Maker and You deserve all my praise. I give you this week and I pray that you would draw me close to you in a new way. I have missed you lately and I am coming back today. Draw me to a deeper walk with you because I need you. Please take my life and show me the areas of my life which are not pleasing to you. Help me to stop wrestling with you and give you full control. Please hear from heaven and heal my land. Make me a blessing to my family and those I come into contact this week.

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you on Monday - Love you!

Denise said...

Amen