Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Walk Monday - Perfect Day


This past Sunday Jeff and I decided to go to the beach after church. As soon as church was over we raced home to get our beach gear. The weather in Santa Cruz was probably the hottest I can remember and made for a perfect beach day.

We had fun wading in the water which was surprisingly refreshing for the month of April. We also took naps under the sun and even got some color. Jeff of course got brown, while I got a nice shade of pink. Later that night we went to the wharf and enjoyed a great meal at a fabulous seafood restaurant. We had a beautiful view of the ocean from our table, and enjoyed personal and intimate conversation. I felt as though I fell in love all over again. The day was awesome and we even got lost on the way home. It was so fun.

We both agreed our date day was amazing because it was as though we were boyfriend and girlfriend again. It was definitely a blessing to get away for a day, even if it was only to Santa Cruz. Ever since we got home we feel so much closer to each other, as if our relationship was completely refreshed. I can definitely see how important it is to get away with your spouse and take that time to really get to know the other person in a new way. We didn't talk about money, or kids, or errands we need to run, we just opened our hearts to each other. I am so blessed for the wonderful Sabbath and the amazing friend God has given me in Jeff.

2 comments:

Angela said...

What an amazing day you two had together. How absolutely romantic...

Denise said...

Sounds so lovely sweetie.