Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday. Resting on God's Promises.


This has been a tough week for me, but I am thankful that I can always find comfort in God's word, no matter the circumstance. We as Christians have a choice in the way in which we live out our Christian walk.
We can choose to live life through the eyes of faith, or we can look at our circumstances and walk by sight. In order to live a live of faith we need to constantly meditate on and choose to believe God's word. God's Word actually gives us faith. "So, then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Romans 10:17
I am also thankful for loving friends God has blessed me with who are wonderful examples of faith in action. I am also thankful that God's Word NEVER changes. It's solid and concrete, just like a rock.

I have a collection of verses posted on my desk at work which always minister to me.

I have posted them below, I hope you like it. :)


  • You say: "It's impossible." God says: All things are possible. Luke 18:27
  • You say: "I'm too tired." God says: I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28-30
  • You say: "Nobody really loves me." God says: I love you. John 3:16, John 3:34
  • You say: "I can't go on." God says: My grace is sufficient. 2 Corinthinas 12:9 , Psalms 91:15
  • You say: "I can't figure things out." God says: I will direct your steps. Proverbs 3:5-6
  • You say: "I can't do it." God says: You can do all things. Philippians 4:13
  • You say: "I'm not able." God says: I am able. 2 Corinthians 9:8
  • You say: "It's not worth it." God says: It will be worth it. Romans 8:28
  • You say: "I can't forgive myself." God says: I forgive you. 1 John 1:9 & Romans 8:1
  • You say: "I am afraid." God says: I have not give you a sprit of fear. 2 Timothy 1:7
  • You say: "I am always worried and afraid." God says: Cast all your cares upon me. 1 Peter 5:7
  • You say: "I'm not smart enough." God says: I give you wisdom. James 1:5
  • You say: "I feel all alone." God says: I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5

2 comments:

Denise said...

Such a wonderful post sweetie.

Ms. Theophilus said...

Great TT! I love the cartoon and the list. I'm prone to walking by sight, so I needed that reminder...