Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kids and Carbs

This past Saturday Jeff and I had the opportunity to go and visit a Advent group home in our area. The home is only a few blocks from our house. :)

We brought snacks for them and even had a little bible study. It was cool to just hang out with them because they are actually really good kids who just need some guidance and love. I played basketball with a few kids while Jeff had a heart to heart talk with one of the boys. It was cool because although their language was terrible and used four letter words as adjectives, it was cool to hear their hearts and answer genuine questions they had about God. I am excited to go back and continue to develop relationships with the kids in hopes to minister to them and in someway make a difference in their lives.

Jeff and I also started a new diet. I got the idea of the "no flour, no sugar diet" from a friend of mine. The diet basically lets you eat all of the meat, fruit, cheese, veggies and proteins you want but minus the chips, breads, tortillas, pasta and of course sugar. You can have brown rice and whole grain breads and pastas instead.

We have been on it for a few weeks now and so far it hasn't been that bad. It has been forcing us to eat better and eliminate the needless carbs out of our diet. I have been feeling a lot better eliminating the breads out of my diet. I have felt a lot less bloated after meals and I generally have more energy.

2 comments:

More Than Words said...

Hi Natalie! Wow...how awesome that you and your husband are ministering to those kids!!

Girl, I need to do the low carb thing again! It really does work if you stick to it!! Don't you feel lighter already??

Denise said...

Bless you for ministering to those kids sweetie.