Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Confessions of a Step Mom!




Well as you may know I am a step-mom to a 13 year old wonderful girl. I think this is probably one of the hardest things I have ever come across in my entire life. Being a new step-mom to someone who doesn't necessarily need or want "another mom" is probably one of the most humbling and painful things I have ever experienced. However, as I have seen the Lord work in our relationship, it has also been one of the most beautiful things I could have imagined. He has actually changed and is changing my heart towards her and teaching me to be patient and to love. My heart's desire is to be there for her and watch her grow up to be a woman who loves Jesus with all of her heart.

I am starting a bible study with her on Tuesday nights using the book "Lies Young Women Believe." Tonight was our second week and things went a lot better tonight than last week....

Let's just say Satan tried to attack us really bad last week and now I can see why. I was so blessed tonight as Lexy opened up her heart a little bit more to the study and felt more comfortable with reading out loud with me. I am so excited to watch her grow and be ministered to as we both learn together.

Please pray for us!!!!!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow. Praise God that He has brought about this wonderful deliverance that even though Satan tried to stop, COULD NOT!! God is good. Thanks for sharing. What a powerful testimony of God's goodness.

Anonymous said...

Praise Jesus! I am so glad to hear you are doing this with her, I think it is perfect for her age!!!

Oh, and I am glad to bless you, I love you!!!

Angela said...

I just wanted to say Happy Valentines and to let you know I have a little surprise for you at my blog.