Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday












I am thankful today for a multitude of things and I want to publicly share all that God is and has done in my life. I believe there is power when we give thanks because we are declaring what God has done and this process helps to strengthen our faith and stengthen us along our journey of faith.

  • I am thankful that on my way to work a van was driving next to me with the words "Jesus is Coming" in English and Spanish, written on the window with paint. This blessed me today!


  • I am thankful that last Saturday my husband and I celebrated an incredible Valentines Day. We went to a beautiful dinner at a friend's house and we enjoyed a wonderful catered meal, and awesome fellowship with other Christian couples. We also heard a message about marriage from my friend Mary and her husband, as they shared their testimony about all God has done. It was definitely a night to remember. (Plus, I won the raffle...) This is a miracle because last Valentines Day my husband and I were separated and things were pretty tough. I am thankful that God is doing great things in our marriage and he is in the process of restoring us according to the verse he gave me before we got married. Here is the verse He gave me regarding our marriage:



Isaiah 43:18-19 (New International Version)
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.


  • I am sooo thankful that this past Tuesday my step-daughter Lexy actually came to me to initiate our weekly Tuesday Bible study. I usually have to go chase her down to start our study and this week, she came in my room with her book ready to go. She did mutter that she wanted to begin because she was *bored*, but I know how to decipher teenage code, she was excited.

  • I am thankful that my husband got laid off last month. Yes, I am thankful! I am thankful because I am excited to see what God has in store for him next. God has given me a supernatural peace about the entire thing and I am excited to see what happens next. I love new beginnings.


  • I am also thankful that God is blessing my mom. She has been going through some financial hardships and it's great to see her spirits up and God working within her. This is a huge answer to my prayers for the last year. It is one thing to pray about something about 1000 times, but it is another thing to see God answer. I am so thankful for a loving God who answers prayer.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Praise and glory to God..What an awesome thankful post.

Girl, I COMPLETELY understand about hubby and not working. Randy has been off work for almost 5 months now and let me tell ya, God has BEEN DOING SOME AMAZING things in our lives. It is so POWERFUL..talk about peace that transcends all understanding. Philippians 4:6-7!!

Your post was just so glorifying to God!!

Denise said...

Such a heart touching post, bless you.